We all want to be in the best shape possible and with Summer finally here, now is the perfect time to make sure we reach our goals. Still, many wonder what exercises work and which ones are a waste of time?
According to Tony Maloney, a trainer and exercise physiologist at the National Institute for Fitness and Sport in Indianapolis, the following are some effective exercises to get a slimmer and toned physique:
- Push-Ups (Great choice for the upper body, and to build strong arms and shoulders)
- Planks (Effective at building a tight-core, especially side-planks which tackle “love-handles”)
- Jump-Squats (Besides shaping and toning, you expand the energy needed to burn more fat and calories)
- Pull-Ups (A full-body workout that builds muscle and strength)
- Burpees (An effective exercise at toning the body)
The main message Maloney has for folks is to stay active. Take breaks at work to do a few push-ups, walk around or stretch your arms. Go for a jog on the weekend or ride that bicycle sitting in your garage.
We at The Harrin Group hope you found this post helpful and that if gave you some good ideas on how to improve your fitness. If we can ever assist with health insurance, life insurance or anything else we do, please reach out to us today to get your free, individualized quote.
Be sure to like us on Facebook as well below⇓
Source: Business Insider